- What is the day and time of the parade?
Saturday, December 3, 2022 | Step off is 6:00pm but if parking, get there an hour or two early to park.
- What is the Theme of this year’s parade?
Ugly Sweater Christmas
- Where can I find information on the internet?
- Where can I get an application?
- When is the mandatory parade/safety meeting?
November 29, 2022 6:00p at Sunset Family Life Center
- Where is Sunset Family Life Center?
- What does it cost to enter the parade?
Individuals, churches, non-profits – $25.00 | All businesses – $50.00
- Are vendors allowed?
YES with approval.
- What is the last day to turn in an application?
Tuesday, November 29, 2022. You must bring the Application to the Mandatory Meeting at Sunset Family Life Center
- Can businesses put their business vehicles in the parade?
Only if they are completely lit with Christmas lights and are visually appealing for a Christmas event, or if they are pulling a lighted parade float. You can’t just have a vehicle or truck in the parade.
- Can walking groups participate in the parade?
With Approval. Walking groups can participate, they have to be able to move at the pace of the parade. If small kids or students we highly recommend a vehicle with a trailer. If approved to walk, groups must have light sticks, light necklaces, or light bracelets so they can be seen. If your group cannot keep up during the parade you will be removed from the parade by Wranglers. We have to keep a constant flow to the parade.
- How many vehicles can be included in an entry?
Up to four. All must be well lighted. CARS OR TRUCKS WITHOUT LIGHTS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED. ONE STRAND OF LIGHT DOES NOT WORK. SPECTATORS CAN NOT SEE YOUR VEHICLE IN THE DARK.
- Can we throw candy?
You may have walkers walk along and give candy out, but absolutely no throwing candy. Because this is a nighttime parade it is too dangerous to throw candy. Just a note: Plan on LOTS OF CANDY. Most participants give out too much candy at the beginning and then have none left, halfway through the parade.
- Where can I find the rules for the parade?
Rules are listed on the application.
- Can we have a live Santa on our float?
No. There is only one live Santa, the real Santa, allowed and he rides on the US Marine float.
- Are there grandstands to view the parade?
No. Most people get to 34th Street early and set up chairs or back up pickups to the street. We also have lots of spectators that set up “parade gating” sites with several cars, chairs, etc.
- What is the parade route?
From 34th and Avenue Q to 34th and Indiana.
- Where do we park at the beginning of the parade?
North parking lot of Byron Martin Center or O.L. Slaton Middle School.
- Who do we contact about the parade?
- How long does the parade take?
One and a half to two hours.
- Who profits from the parade?
No one. The parade is an all-volunteer organization. All of the funds raised pay for the insurance, fees, operations, and equipment required to put on the parade.